Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Big day!


Big day for me. I feel kind of numb. I have wondered what this day would feel like. I have logged hours of writing, not writing, re-writing, and endless editing.  My book Wet Mittens was released today on Amazon. My husband hugged me as I choked back the tears when the proof copy arrived in the mail for final edits about 2 weeks ago. He whispered, "Your dad would be proud of you". As I talked to my father during his final week of life, I was so determined to do something remarkable and achieve a goal I didn't think possible. I will never forget his hand reaching for mine as I sat at his bedside and his blue eyes locked mine and said, "Write that book". That vote of confidence is what drove me to finish. Thanks Daddy. I have champagne chilling in the frig and I will toast to you and celebrate!

 You can find 2 links below for the paperback and the Kindle.
Being honest here...I think I've logged on to Amazon about a dozen times just staring at the page listing my book! I keep thinking it's just not real. It's just so cool. I'm putting "author" down on all my forms from now on where they ask you your occupation! Thanks for sharing my joy with me. I hope you enjoy the book.

Lorrie- author.   :)


http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Mittens-Lorrie-Bridges/dp/1496103807/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1396974502&sr=1-1&keywords=Wet+Mittens

http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Mittens-Lorrie-Bridges-ebook/dp/B00JGVZ1KI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1396975229&sr=1-1&keywords=Wet+Mittens

No comments:

Post a Comment